[Asterisk-Users] Voiceblue and slow dialling

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Tue Aug 23 17:52:44 MST 2005

Hi Raph,

We have bought the units from the same supplier as you (Talk to Us).
All our calls take about 5 seconds before the mobile we're calling
starts ringing. Some calls take up to 7 seconds but I think it depends
on the carrier.
I believe we have even tested one of your units for Matt because he was
puzzled why it takes so long to call, sure enough it only took 5 seconds
to for my mobile to ring.

We're running latest CVS here so I cannot comment if you're running
something older. I suggest check your peer setup in sip.conf, maybe
initiate sip debug so you can see the Asterisk and VB exchanging SIP
messages.. Maybe you can stumble across something obvious.

VoiceBlue unit is excellent and is definitely much faster then any other
GSM diallers we have tried (Including Ericsson's and Tellular).
In fact none of the GSM diallers we have tested ever went bellow 7
seconds (when a remote mobiles rings) and usually been between 8-15
seconds.

Regards