[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Ast erisk

VaibhaV Sharma vsharma at ishisystems.com
Tue Aug 23 14:07:01 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:50 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:11, VaibhaV Sharma wrote:
> > I meant to point out that we use RAID not for performance reasons but to
> > achieve some redundancy to start with, as a lot of other important
> > systems are going to be integrated with this box.
>
> Problem #1.  Trying to do more than JUST PBX with the box.  Put all your
> integration stuff on a box in the same rack but don't put everything in your
> PBX box.  Resource starvation is not a good thing to have.

Na, none of the other stuff is running on this box. By integration, I
meant integrating pbx services into other apps or maybe reporting based
on call records. e.g. when and how many times was a particular customer
contact called in the past few months. These features are mostly custom
to our own apps and will not need any changes in asterisk.

--
VaibhaV
http://vsharma.net