[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Ast erisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 23 13:50:18 MST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:11, VaibhaV Sharma wrote:
> I meant to point out that we use RAID not for performance reasons but to
> achieve some redundancy to start with, as a lot of other important
> systems are going to be integrated with this box.

Problem #1.  Trying to do more than JUST PBX with the box.  Put all your
integration stuff on a box in the same rack but don't put everything in your
PBX box.  Resource starvation is not a good thing to have.

> Considering that we would be increasing the number of incoming lines in
> the future, do you suggest moving to a channel bank right away? Maybe
> something that will do echo canceling on the hardware level?

I personally find that 8 ports is the "sweet spot" for considering channel
banks over TDM cards.

-A.