[Asterisk-Users] HDLC/Zaptel/Kernel 2.6.11(.9)

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Tue Aug 23 09:47:19 MST 2005

All,

	I'm having a heck of a time getting hdlc to work on kernel
2.6.11.9 .. I compiled hdlc, hdlc_gen, hdlc_cisco, hdlc_raw, into the
kernel (note into, and not 'modules').

System comes up, I configured zaptel.conf

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
nethdlc=1-24

modprobe wct4xxp
ztcfg

sethdlc hdlc0 cisco
ifconfig hdlc0 up

All of this works fine, believe it or not. I have a T1 cross plugged
into a cisco 2600 using out of the box configuration. I cannot get line
protocol to come up on the cisco. Suggestions? Also, doing a ifconfig
hdlc0 down does a core dump of the kernel, lol. Is this normal?

I'm using sethdlc 1.15 as mentioned in the wiki instructions.