[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone not picking up incoming calls. [POTS]

Icecube Ryder ice at daudans.net
Tue Aug 23 04:02:33 MST 2005

Hello All,

I have this strange problem,
I can dial out with my sip phone and it seems to work relatively well, but
when I call in, the line just rings and rings, I get no indication in
asterisk that it's detecting an incoming call.

The strange thing is that in ztmonitor 1 -vv the rx volume goes from around
99% when the line is idle to 0% as soon as the line starts ringing.

I'm located in iceland, and have set my country settings to no[rway] which
should be the same.

I've even edited the [no] signaling section in indications.conf from 425 to
440 (tone A) (and 450 too)  but no success.

I've tried using the OSS and ALSA sound systems in case there was some error
decoding the tone.

I've tried revesing ring and tip on the POTS line itself.

I've tried starting the zap driver in all modes (ks, ls, gs)

If anyone has any idea what's wrong, please reply asap, especially if any
norwegians see this :)

Snippets from conf files:

/etc/zaptel.conf
loadzone=no
defaultzone=no
fxsls=1

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
context=pots
signalling=fxs_ls
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=1.0
immediate=yes
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
channel => 1

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[global]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp
TRUNK=Zap/1

[local]
;ignorepat => 9

exten => _9.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}
exten => _9.,2,Congestion
exten => 2000,hint,SIP/2000 ; Channel hints for presence

[pots]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10