[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Ast erisk

Karl S. Katzke karl at streetlampsoftware.com
Mon Aug 22 18:41:14 MST 2005

Chris - Actually, he's talking the chipsets that run Intel chips of all
stripes versus the chipsets that run ADM kit.
Intel-[approved,compatible] chipsets are almost uniformly higher quality
than the stuff that runs AMD kit... supports things like APIC, where
I've run into very new dual-opteron-class kit (K87-DL) that doesn't
support apic -or- smartd without gnarly bios upgrades and stupid linux
tricks.

-K