[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Ast erisk

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Mon Aug 22 18:26:28 MST 2005

Colin Anderson wrote:

>>Oh, great. ;-) For next time, does anyone have recommendations for a
>>particular motherboard or a particular type of motherboard?
>>

>Yup. Intel chip. I know people will say I'm trolling, but I wouldn't use an
>AMD for an Asterisk box. Workstation, yes. I run one myself, they work fine.
>Note I said Chip not Chipset. I've had good luck with older Intel chipsets
>but from what I understand some other guys have had problems with the new
>Intel chipsets. I totally trust Asus though. What I would do were I you is
>Asus with no onboard stuff as much as possible with a P4 chip.

Colin,

Would you possibly explain why you prefer Intel based systems over the
AMD based system for Asterisk?

When you speak of Intel here are you talking about Celerons, Pentium 3,
Pentium 4, Xeon, Pentium D?

When you speak of AMD are you talking XP, MP, Duron, Sempron, 64, 64 FX,
X2, Opteron?

-Chris