[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 1.5.2 call waiting focus behaviour change?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Mon Aug 22 10:39:08 MST 2005

In the 1.4.x firmware release, there was a config file setting that would
cause the screen focus to change to a new call that came in whilst a call
was in progress. When set, presentation of a new call would cause that call
to be selected, and the softkeys would display Answer, Reject, Forward.

The 1.5.2 firmware doesn't seem to do this, despite the setting being set.
In all cases, it seems that you have to use the cursor keys to move to the
new call before the softkey labels will change as expected.

I'm not sure if this relates to the new "calls per line key" or "line keys
per registration" settings (neither of which have been changed from the
default (unset) value.

Has anyone else noticed this or had experience with it? We like the
features of the new firmware release (like being able to split a conference
call then drop one party) but the change in behaviour of call waiting is
giving a few users grief.

Thanks in advance
Paul