[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.7 won't run after upgrade to FC4

Michael Stahl mstahl at ocg.ca
Mon Aug 22 10:32:16 MST 2005

I just upgraded to Fedora Core 4 and Asterisk won't run any more.  When
launching asterisk, I get "asterisk: error while loading shared
libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory".

A quick search ("find / -name libssl.so.4") for the file shows the file
nowhere on my system.  However, when I "yum provides libssl.so.4", yum
tells me that openssl contains the file I want, and that
openssl097a.i386 is ALREADY INSTALLED!

What now?  How do I get libssl.so.4 if the providing package is already
installed?

Help!

-Bob-