[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:39:04 MST 2005

jennyw wrote:
> Dave Cotton wrote:
>
>> This was your first experience with *, was it also the installers?
>>
>> Only sharing with the next busiest card in the machine the one
>> feeding the IP phones.
>>

> Yeah, I know, in retrospect it sounds really odd that we did that, but
> at the time he thought there was a chance it would work. I'm not sure
> why -- he's done several installs before. It might be because we ended
> up taking more time than intially planned to do the the install
> (Murphy's Law and all that).
>
> The hardware we have, by the way, is:

Well it's funny due to I think what you have is over kill.

I have run into problems with raid and smp systems. Depending on how many
users you have and what you planned on for growth.  Intel does make some
nice cards but I would not change that out yet as it will be a better
solution to see if you can fix the irq's settings. Adding an addtional card
that takes an IRQ will only add the to problem.