[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Mon Aug 22 09:54:46 MST 2005

Dave Cotton wrote:

> This was your first experience with *, was it also the installers?
>
>Only sharing with the next busiest card in the machine the one feeding
>the IP phones.

Yeah, I know, in retrospect it sounds really odd that we did that, but
at the time he thought there was a chance it would work. I'm not sure
why -- he's done several installs before. It might be because we ended
up taking more time than intially planned to do the the install
(Murphy's Law and all that).

The hardware we have, by the way, is:

AMD Sempron 2400+
3Ware Escalade 8006-2LP (2 channel SATA RAID)
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
1 GB RAM
Jetway Radeon 9000 64MB 128Bit 4X AGP DVI/TV Out Dual Head

We're using the on-board NICs. From what people have said, that could be
a problem (in addition to the IRQ sharing issue), so I'm off buying
Intel NICs now (I don't think the store has eepro 100s -- I think all
the Intel cards they have are gigabit now, but that shouldn't make much
difference should it?).

I'm not sure if I can change the IRQ setting on the Radeon, but will
try. Can the Digium cards change IRQs?

Thanks!

Jen