[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Mon Aug 22 00:11:03 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 17:06 -0700, jennyw wrote:

> The Digium cards actually are sharing IRQs with other devices -- the
> installer mentioned it could be an issue initially, but when he saw that
> the devices that the cards were sharing with were the network card and
> the video card, he said to just try and see if it works first. Sounds
> like some of the problems that we're having could be related to this,
> and it's probably the first thing I should try changing.

This was your first experience with *, was it also the installers?

Only sharing with the next busiest card in the machine the one feeding
the IP phones.

I have never ever allowed any sharing of interrupts with other cards,
and have not installed on certain "brand new" machines because the
motherboard/BIOS caused this type of problem.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>