[Asterisk-Users] All Page ??

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Mon Aug 22 06:00:08 MST 2005

Polycom most definately should add a provision for off hook voice
announcing.  It would be nice to have a receptionist announce a call for you
over the speakerphone while you are using the handset.  I don't see why it
would be anything more than a programming limitation, but then it becomes an
issue of getting asterisk to talk to it.   Even still, I'm sure the
alert-info flag would be usable here as well, since you can already control
not only ringer types, but call waiting cadences as well.

Is there a 'suggestion box' for upcoming SIP software releases on Polycom's
site?  Or maybe someone knows the right person to drop the hints to in the
company?

In the meantime, your best bet is really overhead paging amplifiers, which
you can get from Viking that work over Zap channels quite well.  It can even
integrate with call park announcing.

Chris Coulthurst
chris at shuksan.com