[Asterisk-Users] All Page ??

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Sun Aug 21 19:42:31 MST 2005

Steve Maroney wrote:

>Does anyone know of any plans to add an intercom/all-page feature in *?
>
>The few SIP phones that have auto-answer capability would be better if
>Asterisk could broadcast one leg of a channel to many legs at one time.

I'm looking for an answer to this problem also.  I am putting an
Asterisk system into our new office.  In our old office we used the old
phone system to act as an intercom, you hit page all and your voice
comes out of the speaker on several handsets throughout the office.
This allows you to announce information or to the whole office, simply
announcing to someones desk doesn't work since our people move around a
lot and are not always at their desk.

Anyway, I have some Polycom phones, and I have Autoanswer working with
Asterisk, but which ever phone happens to answer the call first is the
only one who's speaker my voice comes out of.

Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Thanks,

Matt