[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice Issue

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sun Aug 21 14:53:20 MST 2005

There seems to be a random thread of BV issues this last week all
amounting to the same proble - no calls.

Do a sip debug peer sip.broadvoice.com and see what happens. I found
that BV were sending calls to my number and for some odd reason my *
server wasn't dumping them into the exten=>s,1,blah logic that it
previously had been. The only way I could fix it was to do
exten=>phonenumber,1,blah and that works fine now.

As for outgoing, are you sure you are registered?

In the shoirt term, log in to your bv account and set up your VM. At
least you won;t lose calls that way.

Mark

Tressler, Joshua Adam wrote:
> I did a quick google search of the lists site and couldn’t find a
> definitive answer, so if it’s there, I apologize for asking again.
>

> Starting about noon yesterday, I am no longer able to send/receive calls
> via Broadvoice. When calling in, I get a fast busy, and when calling out
> I get the following error:
>

>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/112-572a",
> "SIPXXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com") in new stack
>
>     -- Called XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com
>
> Aug 21 13:34:47 NOTICE[20742]: chan_sip.c:8648 handle_response: Failed
> to authenticate on INVITE to '"Mobile"
> <sip:XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com>;tag=as124e3440'
>
>   == Spawn extension (agents, 78126631234, 1) exited non-zero on
> 'SIP/112-572a'
>

> I have the following in sip.conf:
>

> register =>
> XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com:password:XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com/
>

> [sip.broadvoice.com]
>
> type=peer
>
> user=phone
>
> host=sip.broadvoice.com
>
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
>
> fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
>
> secret=password
>
> insecure=very
>
> context=incoming
>
> authname=XXXXXXXXXX
>
> dtmfmode=inband
>
> dtmf=inband
>
> canreinvite=no
>

> Does anyone know what I’m missing here? Everything was working fine
> yesterday morning.
>

> JT

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ