[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1 - WAS WORKING!!

Scott Brown sbrown at andersonis.com
Sun Aug 21 10:54:53 MST 2005

Hi Everyone:

Problem Solved.  Thanks to Matt, Paul and Rich for their excellent help!
It is always appreciated.

Here's the solution, for thsoe interested:

SuSE distributes zaptel drivers and the auto update referenced puts
drivers that may not be compatible with the current release on CVS (head
or stable) or whateve version you may have compiled and installed apart
 from the disto.

Thus the incompatible symbols in loadable modules with no compile errors.
One set from the disto in the "extra" directory and the compiled set in
the "misc" directory under /lib/modules/{kernelname-version}/

It seems to me that this could conceivably cause Zaptel drivers to be
"flaky" as reported by Paul, when they aren't sufficiently out of sync
with symbol version error to fail in loading.  For the complete story on
SuSE-Zaptel issues, please see:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Linux+SuSE

Scott