[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1 - WAS WORKING!!

Scott Brown sbrown at andersonis.com
Sun Aug 21 07:51:19 MST 2005

Hi Paul:

Thanks very much for the suggestion.  I don't understand why this just
began to happnen.  I never
had problems before.  Your suggestion has shed a lot of light on the
problem.  Because wcfxs "disagrees" about the version of the symbols
listed below, I get the following unknown symbol problems for:

zt_receive
zt_qevent_lock
zt_ec_chunk
zt_transmit
zt_unregister
zt_hooksig
zt_register

With: "wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol..."

BTW, I also did a full checkout (v1-0) and rebuild (deleting modules and
includes beforehand) of
astrisk zaptel and libpri.  That didn't change anything.

Below is the resultant output from the -v modprobe and dmesg output.  If
you or anyone else can help with this it would really be appreciated,
thanks:

# modprobe -v -n wctdm
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/kernel/lib/crc-ccitt.ko
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/misc/zaptel.ko
install /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxs && /sbin/ztcfg
# modprobe -v wctdm
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/kernel/lib/crc-ccitt.ko
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/misc/zaptel.ko
install /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxs && /sbin/ztcfg
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/extra/wcfxs.ko
FATAL: Error inserting wcfxs
(/lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.8-default/extra/wcfxs.ko): Unknown symbol
in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error running install command for wcfxs

pertinent dmesg output:
zaptel: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
wcfxs: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded
zaptel: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
wcfxs: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_receive, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_qevent_lock
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_qevent_lock, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_transmit, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_unregister
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_unregister, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_hooksig
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_hooksig, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_register
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_register, st_info == 0x1
load_module: err 0xfffffffffffffffe (dont worry)
wcfxs: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_receive, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_qevent_lock
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_qevent_lock, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_transmit, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_unregister
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_unregister, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_hooksig
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_hooksig, st_info == 0x1
wcfxs: disagrees about version of symbol zt_register
wcfxs: Unknown symbol zt_register, st_info == 0x1
load_module: err 0xfffffffffffffffe (dont worry)

Thanks for the help.

Scott