[Asterisk-Users] Vtech/Vonage Wireless Phone system

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Aug 21 11:50:49 MST 2005

> I just stopped in at Best Buy here in CT, USA. I found an interesting
> offering from Vtech there. It states it's a VOIP wireless phone system made
> for the Vonage service.
>
> Here it is at their website:
> http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/guide/dsp_voip_guide.cfm
>
> For $149, it comes with 2 (supposidly) VOIP 802.11b wireless phones, and a
> 'broadband/Wireless' router.
>
> Does anyone know anything about these? Are they SIP phones? If so, I wonder
> if it's possible to modify them for use with Asterisk?  Do they need their
> 'base' to talk, or is that nothing more than an 802.11b wireless router?
>
> I'm thinking of picking up a kit just to see if I can get them to work
> nativly with Asterisk, but if anyone has any experience with them before I
> do, I'd appreciate it..

I seen their ad in the paper this morning. It appeared the phones were
the standard cordless (not 802.11b), and the base unit had pc wireless
(802.11b) integrated with the linksys/sipura broadband stuff. You might
want to check that out a little closer; but, fairly good return policy
if the ads are a little misleading. ;)