[Asterisk-Users] Vtech/Vonage Wireless Phone system

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Sun Aug 21 10:25:23 MST 2005

Hi,

I just stopped in at Best Buy here in CT, USA. I found an interesting
offering from Vtech there. It states it's a VOIP wireless phone system made
for the Vonage service.

Here it is at their website:
http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/guide/dsp_voip_guide.cfm

For $149, it comes with 2 (supposidly) VOIP 802.11b wireless phones, and a
'broadband/Wireless' router.

Does anyone know anything about these? Are they SIP phones? If so, I wonder
if it's possible to modify them for use with Asterisk?  Do they need their
'base' to talk, or is that nothing more than an 802.11b wireless router?

I'm thinking of picking up a kit just to see if I can get them to work
nativly with Asterisk, but if anyone has any experience with them before I
do, I'd appreciate it..

 - Andre