[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1 - WAS WORKING!!

Paul Hewlett paul at cottonpickinminds.co.za
Sat Aug 20 02:58:18 MST 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 09:58, Scott Brown wrote:
> Hi Matt:
>
> That suggestion is possibly on the right track.  It made me remember that -
> although I'm not using Fedora, but SuSE 9.3, that it went through an
> automatic network update just recently.  After that, I tried updating the
> Zaptel files from CVS and recompiling everything, but to no avail.  The
> same error still occured.  I eliminated hardware by swapping out a working
> TDM400 with the same FXS/FXO configuration.  The same error occurs.  The
> SuSE update may have moved some of the required files, although there are
> no complaints during the build and I can't determine what may have moved.

   Currently I am doing the following on SuSE :

   First reboot the PC with asterisk disabled. This will force the creation of
the devices during boot from the /etc/udev/rules.d files.

   Try modprobing :

        modprobe -v -n wctdm

   This does nothing but tells you what would happen. If your
modprobe.d/zaptel file is correct the the output from this command will be
have to modprobe more than one module - dependencies are sorted by the
modprobe.d/zaptel file. If you want -vv on the ztcfg file edit
modprobe.d/zaptel. I remember from the wiki somewhere that one must not
execute ztcfg more than once and this will happen if you modprobe zaptel and
then wctdm and then execute ztcfg manually. So to load

        modprobe -v wctdm

and to unload

        modprobe -v -r wctdm

Add these commands to your asterisk startup script

This does not seem to work on Fedora - SuSE has a section on bootup 'Creating
devices' that seems to pre-initialise everything - Fedora seems not to have
this so one has to resort to insmodding and sleeping viz:

        insmod zaptel
        sleep 3
        insmod wcfxs
        sleep 3
        ztcfg -vv

The above has been learned from experience - the loading of the driver modules
for asterisk/zap seems fraught with reliability issues - in some cases the
drivers load without error - at other times various errors occur - I have not
yet figured out the cause of failures

Paul

--
Paul Hewlett (Linux #359543)
Tel: +27 21 852 8812      Cel: +27 84 420 9282      Fax: +27 86 672 0563