[Asterisk-Users] Persistent variables disappear when dialingLocalextension

Falck Kenneth kennu at swelcom.fi
Fri Aug 19 09:44:35 MST 2005

Matt Florell wrote:
> We struggled with this a couple years back before CVS_head
> had that function. What we ended up doing was using the
> CallerIDName field for a 20 character unique identifier and
> we used the callerIDnum as usual (telcos in the US only use
> callerIDnum anyway).

Thanks! I applied this to our case, and I can now store the recipient's
CallerID in CALLERIDNAME, and then restore it in the Local context into
CALLERIDNUM.

The solution is still a little dirty, since CALLERIDNAME will show up in
the SIP From header. But I think I can work around that by dialling both
calls in the fork through a Local channel that clears CALLERIDNAME
before connecting to the real destination.

--
Kenneth Falck, SWelcom Oy, Ludviginkatu 6-8, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Private: kennu at iki.fi  Business: kennu at swelcom.fi  GSM: +358405103121