[Asterisk-Users] Nat + Asterisk + Ser (Far end Nat Traversal)

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Fri Aug 19 04:54:32 MST 2005

Hello,

I have several * servers behind a SER server (in a local ip range). The
SER server is also publicy reachable. On the other site, I have SIP
clients that are behind another NAT or in the same NAT range as the *
server. Can someone give me some directions/hints etc. on how to make
this work. I think I should be using MediaProxy with SER. But do the SIP
clients need to register at the SER server? If not, how will the reach
the * server, since they're only reachable VIA the SER router.

Here's is scheme:

   -----                                                      IP Phone A
(Behind NAT router) (ext 100, Asterisk A)
   - *A-----|        priv. addr   publ. addr                 |
   -----    |               -------         INTERNET         |
            ----------------- SER ---------------------------|
   - *B-----|                                                 IP Phone B
(Behind NAT router) (ext. 100, Asterisk B)
   -----

 (Asterisk servers)
 (10.254.254.x)

Phone A can belong to Asterisk A, and B to Asterisk B.

Hope this give you enough information.

Regards,

Ronald Voermans