[Asterisk-Users] Vonage locked Motorola VT-1000s

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com/ trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Aug 18 23:20:23 MST 2005

Steve Gladden wrote:

>I have a small pile of them from customers who were too lazy to send them
>back after switching to our local voice service...
>Is there any hope of ever using these things with Asterisk?
>

>Vonage does not want them back and they won't unlock them either.
>
>A terrible shame!
>
>Should I just toss them?
>
>Steve

I wrote a paper on how to 'unlock' them, the short is that without a mot
server (similar to the cable modem docsis stuffs) you cant do anything
highly meaningful with them.  I hope to have my webpage back up soon (it
was being physically moved and the people that are doing that broke some
stuff in the process, but hey its free).

You can see what I did and maybe take it from there.  There is a TTL
serial port inside the case, I used a TTL-RS232 converter and connected
to it, it runs vxworks, and I mapped out the urls that are valid (incl
the 2 undocumented ones) and some of the memory addresses the profile
info is stored.

All I can say is that if you are highly interested in this check my page
occasionally over hte next little while, I couldnt find any of this on
the net anywhere, maybe google cache has it.  http://www.0xdecafbad.com/
I checked while writing this email and the vast majority that was on my
site is not cached right now :(