[Asterisk-Users] Does intel 865 board works fine with Asterisk

dbruce dbruce at bananatel.com
Thu Aug 18 17:38:06 MST 2005

Be aware that the Intel 865 chipset come in four different versions. The
865G, 865P, 865PE and 865GV.

I have used the 865G, 865PE and 865GV chipset. The 865PE chipset boards
(specifically Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-PROG) work very well. The 865G boards
(specifically Asus P4P800-VM) worked well using a single and quad T1 board,
but had problems with X100P (digium and clone) cards (PCI MASTER ABORT
errors). The 865GV board (specifically Asus P$P800-MX) was unusable, as it
had the same problem with the FXO cards and would lock when the T1 board
drivers were loaded (this may just have been a bad batch of motherboards
though). I never tried any boards with the 865P chipsets.

Currently, All my asterisk servers are using either the Gigabyte motherboard
or a much more expensive Intel E7501 based system. The 865PE is a good solid
chipset. The only time I have problems is when the datacenter has a power
failure.

regards,
Derek