[Asterisk-Users] HDLC Bad FCS / HDLC Abort solution

Jens cleanerx at au.hadiko.de
Thu Aug 18 10:47:16 MST 2005

Hi

Related to this message:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-February/090205.html

After having a lot of trouble with abort and breakdown of the PRI connection I
finally figured out what was wrong:

The kernel was compiled for generic ide chipsets which doesn't support DMA.
When our daily backup created some load for the disks the interrupts for the
digium card weren't handled in time which lead to a breakdown of the
connection.

Simply compile the related chipset for your board into the kernel and feel the
power of DMA :-)
It's much cheaper than buying a new board as some people suggested.

Maybe other cards produce the same kind of traffic e.g. ISDN Cards. If you can
my hint would be to remove as much cards as possible.
So far enabling DMA for the HDs fixed the problems for me.

Enjoy Asterisk
Jens