[Asterisk-Users] Re:How many TDM22P Card can be used on the same PC ?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Aug 17 21:20:14 MST 2005

kalezade at boun.edu.tr wrote:
> Thank you W, asking differently:
>
> (Suppose) I have a very reliable hardware,motherboard,power
> supply,bios,kernel,configuration, I have reliable and fast everything.
>
> Now what is the maximum number of FXO/FXS modules? What does it depend in
> asterisk/tdm cards now?

Why are you so desperate for TDM400P cards?  Don't put more than three
Digium cards in one box.  IRQ shareing is one of the problems.  There is
also the problem that each card generates 1,000 interrupts per second.
If you want more than 8 or 12 ports then get a T-1 card and a Channel
Bank.  The channel bank will convert the T-1 channels to/from Asterisk
into analog ports for you.