[Asterisk-Users] Re:How many TDM22P Card can be used on the same PC ?

kalezade at boun.edu.tr kalezade at boun.edu.tr
Wed Aug 17 18:52:24 MST 2005

Thank you W, asking differently:

(Suppose) I have a very reliable hardware,motherboard,power
supply,bios,kernel,configuration, I have reliable and fast everything.

Now what is the maximum number of FXO/FXS modules? What does it depend in
asterisk/tdm cards now?

BDM.

wsiler at education2020.com wrote:
>Just Google the archive on 'IRQ issues'.
>You can pretty much bet that 6 TDM cards on 6 PCI slots would suck hugely.
>Unless echo is your goal, you are not going to be pleased.
>
>If you have to use 24 existing POTS lines, look into a channel bank and
>interface it to a T1 card.
>If you are planning new, just get a PRI T1 and be done with it.

>Cheers,
<< Is it possible to use 24 FXS/FXO lines(on 6 PCI slots) at the same time on
<<the same PC?

<<I wonder for sound quality and power issues. Can anyone convince me that I
<<can(not) use 6 TDM22P cards?

<<Thanks in advance.
<<BDM.