[Asterisk-Users] Uniden UIP200 Opinions

David Zanetti david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Aug 17 16:23:31 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 13:30 -0400, Jim Feniello wrote:

> I've read through the archives, and wanted to get an updated opinion
> on the Uniden UIP200 phone.  Seems like there were a lot of opinions
> that it was a good phone, but there were a few items that people were
> waiting for firmware updates for, but that was in 2004.

We've deployed about 50 here. They work, mostly.

Hold works (* does MOH when on hold), transfers kinda work (using the
XFER button, the phone does seem to occasionally get confused afterwards
tho, but * does MOH), DND and Forwarding both work.

But, I would fall short of recommending them. Would really like to see
the transfer problems resolved. That and the documentation is sub-par.

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration