[Asterisk-Users] Is this echo problem down to IP Phone hardware?

Angus Comber angus at iteloffice.com
Fri Aug 5 10:46:24 MST 2005

Hello

I have a Grandstream GXP2000 with latest firmware.  When I use it holding the handpiece I don't hear any echo - neither does other end.  However, if I use it handsfree, the other end notices echo when they speak - ie their voice is echoy.  I hear their voice being a bit echoy.

Is this purely down to the IP Phone?  Is there anything I can do about it?  I considered buying a more expensive phone - eg a Snom to see what they were like for echo.  Is there something I can do with the Asterisk?  codec to use?  Anything?

Angus