[Asterisk-Users] IP Cop as a firewall and QOS

Mojo Jojo mylist at lightwavetech.com
Wed Aug 17 15:27:03 MST 2005

We are looking for a good firewall replacement which will basically do pot
blocking and QOS.

Our current solution just plain stinks..

We basically need to handle the traffic of a few web servers, mail server
and asterisk box. The most traffic this device will need to handle is what
can be shoved through a T1.

I don't mind buying an appliance to get something solid but IP Cop just
looks better than he appliances I see out there.

I am only concerned if it is stable for a production environment. It says
it's designed for a SOHO environment, we are doing a bit more than that.

Will this thing hold up? Can it be trusted?

Anyone using this for QOS and Asterisk in a production setup.

Any thoughts or suggestions or warnings would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Start Your Own Internet Service!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com