[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Retrival

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 17 03:31:15 MST 2005

Hi,

This procedure will work under one condition -- your user names are same as your extension numbers. I have same problem. I was giving phones alphanumeric user names, like "phone1".
When VoicemailMain is called with ${CALLERIDNUM}, it is actually called as VoiceMailMain("phone1"). As a result, voice mail is asking for a mailbox number which is same as your extension number. (BTW, is there a way to extract extension number rather than phone name?).

As I am experimenting with *, I will rename phones to match their extensions.

Rudolf