[Asterisk-Users] florz patch for bristuff breaks compile on x86_64?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Aug 17 00:30:37 MST 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:57:19AM +0200, Remco Barende wrote:
>> After upgrading a CentOS 3.x box to CentOS 4.1 (both x86_64 with an
>> Athlon64) I also wanted to get the latest bristuff. Unfortunately
>> bristuff without florz causes the box to kernel panic within hours
>> (console will complain about bad frame received something).
>
> Then merge the fix into the bristuff patch if it has not been merged
> yet!

That's what I did when I patched bristuff :)

>> It seems however that the florz patch will not work for x86_64 arch.
>> Bristuff -0.2.0-RC8j compiles fine without the florz patch, but after
>> applying the patch zaphfc will not compile anymore (the patch applies
>> cleanly).
>
> Latest bristuff is RC8n, BTW. What exactly is the florz patch? It seems
> to have been onchanged since January or so.

I have never ever been able to keep a bristuffed box up for more than a
few hours or 2 days at best without the florz patch. It seems that KPJ is
trying various approaches to solve timing problems but I guess it's not
stable yet.

Florz fixes a lot of timing issues, reduces interrupt load and makes
bristuff stable.

You can find more info here:
http://zaphfc.florz.dyndns.org/

>> Anyone managed to get bristuff with florz working on x86_64 arch?
>
> It is part of the debian packages and they are built on amd64 as well.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/zaptel
> http://packages.debian.org/libpri
> http://packages.debian.org/asterisk

I would guess thet are without bristuff and/or florz?

Bristuff compiles without florz, but zaphfc doesn't after applying florz.