[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and LCR

asterisk at lists.styx.org asterisk at lists.styx.org
Tue Aug 16 09:57:14 MST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:22:01AM -0600, Damon Estep wrote:

> Any input from others that have already done what I am doing would be
> helpful, what works best?

For 100k routes+, you will have trouble holding them in a SQL database,
particularly if your route selection query is complex. With a modern PC
running PostgreSQL, you'll run into trouble at around 250k BHCA even with
a much smaller number of routes. (This is quite apart from Asterisk itself,
try writing a simple program that runs sample queries in a loop, perhaps
with several threads. To a certain extent it depends on how you write the
query and how judiciously you place indexes on the tables) When you want
NPANXX granularity from several carriers (commonly 75-100k routes each)
you'll get hit even worse.

In my experience the safe limits of this approach are about a 2x DS3
worth of traffic with 10,000 routes in the table... After that you've got
to pull everything into RAM and write a clever route selection algorithm...

-w
--
William Waites
ww -NO at SPAM- magicphone.ca