[Asterisk-Users] Help Asterisk -> Hipath 1500 V3.0

Sharadindu Mohanty sharad_mohanty at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 06:17:22 MST 2005

Hi,
  I saw your posting on Hipath and Asterisk.I have some doubts on the same.it would be really nice of you if you can help me out.My Doubt is as follows

Currently I am using Hipath HG1500 V3.0 with Opticlient4.0. But i am not satisfied with the performance of Opticlient. I wanted to use SJPhone. Regarding this i had a talk with Seimens guys out here but they talk something ilogical. They told HG1500 doesnot support H323 so i won't be  able to use SJPhone. But the documentation in Hipath site says it supports. According to Seimens guys i need some intermediate PBX so i brought up Xorcom Asterisk. Now I would like to know 2 things...

1. Can i connect directly from SJPhone to Hipath HG1500 V3.0 Card/Terminal?
2. If i have to go thru Asterisk What exactly i need to do?

Waiting for your Reply...

Thanks & Regards
Sharadindu Mohanty