[Asterisk-Users] How to remove standard ISDN drivers from RedHat

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Aug 15 13:23:25 MST 2005

I have newly installed a RedHat 4.0 EL rebuild. The install was done
without the ISDN card present.

After disabling kudzu and haldaemon I inserted the card.

Stil that *(&$^&%$(&$^!!!!!! kudzu shit modified my config and is loading
hisax, crc_ccit and isn modules.

Even worse, they do not appear in /etc/modprobe.conf which means that
that f*cking kudzu added the modules to initrd.

I have googled for hours and browsed through all the redhat docs but I
cannot find how to remove these modules. All the docs mention is to
'simply comment them out from modprobe.conf' well, they aren't there.

Does anybody know how I can remove these modules? They are really a pain
in the ass because now I cannot start asterisk from the init scripts only
from rc.local

Thanx a 1,000,000 :)