[Asterisk-Users] Chan_sccp and dynamic DNS

Armin Lediger voip at hotzone.de
Mon Aug 15 08:21:00 MST 2005

Hi, everybody.

I was just running into a DynDNS Problem.
One of our phones has a fixed IP, but the * box only has a dynDNS IP and a
fixed name. So all phones running SIP are able to "survive" the change of
the IP address, but not our Cisco 7920 - it changes state to "connecting to
CM0" and hangs there until reboot. After reboot it looks up the current IP
address of the * box and works fine for the next 24 hours.

My question now is: Is there an option in sccp.conf or somewhere else to
tell the 7920 to do DNS lookups once in a while so it updates the IP address
dynamically?

Any help there would be great!

Thanks in advance.
Armin Lediger

--

HotZone GmbH Würzburg - schnurlos glücklich!
WLAN und VoIP Dienstleistungen

lediger at hotzone.de
Voice 0931-2056064
Fax 0931-2056063