[Asterisk-Users] Security and SIP

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Aug 15 07:32:32 MST 2005

Block sip on a firewall between * and the public internet, and then
create rules for your peers IP range.

This assumes you know the IP that all peers and client use; if not just
block from regions of the world you do not need to connect to/from.

We find that most hack attempts come from one well known region, so we
block the entire IP range routed to that region.

Also, add noload= for the voip protocols you do not use in modules.conf.

You are far better off even if you do things like limiting the
connections to the ENTIRE ip range of your local Cable/DSL providers.
Prevents folks in the rest of the world from even trying to connect.

Toll fraud is huge, it looks like you have done the basics, but you
should take additional steps many other would call unnecessary since you
will get the bill if someone gets it.