[Asterisk-Users] One more newbie question

Bill Ries-Knight steelhoof at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:43:52 MST 2005

On 8/13/05, Tom Rymes <trymes at rymesheating.com> wrote:
snip sean ....

> This is not that difficult. The first question you need to answer is
> whether you want to use a dedicated circuit (E1/T1/PRI) or multiple
> copper lines. This mostly depends on the call volume that you will be
> handling. Depending on your choice, you can install either a Sangoma or
> a Digium card to handle a dedicated circuit or you can use a Digium
> TDM400B card or a PSTN gateway to connect to your POTS phone lines.
>
> Tom

I'n so new to asterisk there is still a bright shiny wrapper on me.

As I consider options for asterisk I would like to know... is it
possible to split an existing data T1 for use with both data and voip
or another variant of voice service or does it need to be dedicated to
voice.

along this line... a really good and useful FAQ is what I need.

Bill Ries-Knight
Stockton, CA

Respect the process, Vote in November.
http://www.votersondrugs.com/