[Asterisk-Users] ParkAndAnnounce - Any way to not disconnect?

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 04:33:53 MST 2005

I have ParkAndAnnounce set up to call my cell instead of Console/DSP and
this works fine.  If a caller tries to get me on my cell, they are
parked... I am called and told where they are holding, but then
ParkAndAnnounce hangs up.  So I have to call my system back and dial the
parked extension to be bridged with the caller.  Is there anyway to make
the announce jumpto something else so I can just dial the parked
extension if I choose to accept the call?

I suppose if there's not, I could accomplish this with other apps, but
this is so close to working exactly how I want.

If there is no way to do this and I have to write a dial plan that just
Parks the call, dials the cell, and plays a notification, how would I
use saydigits to say the extension they are parked on (is the extension
the caller is parked on stored in any variable?)