[Asterisk-Users] TE405P / TE410P with 2nd generation firmware field upgradable?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Aug 13 14:17:04 MST 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Matt Florell wrote:

> Short answer: NO
>
> Long answer: you have to send it to Digium for them to do an upgrade,
> they don't have an official process for this yet and won't give you a
> price, I have called and asked them many times. They also mention
> upgrades from your 405/410 to a 406/411 are available too, but again
> no specifics. Supposedly if you have a card with the 2nd gen firmware
> on it you can upgrade to the third gen firmware, whenever it would
> come out, in the field.

Hmm.. That's funny. I called yesterday and talked to someone who told me
the upgrade to Second Gen firmware was free, but that if I wanted to add
the Echo Cancelling module, it would be $850. Since I do not have any
major echo issues that software echo cancelling can't fix, I declined the
upgrade. They even offered me an advance replacement option as long as I
provided a Credit Card.

The RMA process was painless. I spoke with Joy Lister. I should have my
new card early next week.

                             KP-216-121-ST