[Asterisk-Users] T.38 decoding

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Sat Aug 13 09:55:18 MST 2005

Hi,

I searched a while about T.38 decoding, and learned about the
bounty for T.38 support for asterisk and some softdecoders and
some hardware de- and encoding T.38.

Now I wonder, if there is already any (almost) ready to use solution
for decoding of T.38 faxes?

My szenario would be:
- Receiving a SIP call (containing the T.38 fax) by my provider with
   my asterisk box.
- asterisk would forward that SIP call to the converter.
- The converter would send the SIP call back to my asterisk box, but
   now with the fax deocoded to an ordenary anolog fax.

Has anyone experience with a working solution, maybe a foreign
service provider doing it, or a working (asterisk independent)
software?

Thanks for any hints!

Roger.

P.S.
Currently I'm trying to understand, what ionidea's T.38 software is
already able to do, but I'm still confused.