[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO channel hookstate always "Offhook" & outbound digits sent before provider dialtone

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Aug 12 16:05:59 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>>Add a "w" in the dial string within extensions.conf. The "w" adds a short
>>>delay before sending the dtmf to the telco, which is likely happening
>>>too fast for the telco switch.
>>>

>>Is that undocumented?
>>The wiki entry for the Dial() command says:
>>w: Allow the /called/ user to start recording after pressing *1 or what
>>defined in features.conf (Asterisk > v1.0.x)
>>
>>To add a short delay to one of my remote FXO lines, I added A(silence/2)
>>to the dial string.
>

> I don't recall seeing any changes come through for that, and "w" does add
> the delay before sending dtmf. Lots of folks use it, so I'd have to guess
> that either the 'show application dial' displays the help for w used in
> a different context. Embedded the "w" in the called number, and it will
> add about 200 milliseconds of delay. Multiple w's add more delay.

I believe that the Dialplan option 'w' and the dial *string* meta-digit
'w' are the source of confusion here.  They are distinct.

One of them is found in the string of "digits" to be dialed and causes a
wait; the other one is found after the "|" that separates the dial
target from the options to the command.

B.