[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO channel hookstate always "Offhook" & outbound digits sent before provider dialtone

JP Carballo jplc at nf2x.com
Fri Aug 12 14:35:53 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>I have an Asterisk at Home 1.3 server (Asterisk 1.0.9) and recently added a
>>TDM400P with (1) FXO card on port 4. Inbound calls are always successful
>>but outbound calls fail 75% of the time with intercept messages from my
>>dial tone provider that include "we're sorry, your call did not go
>>through", and "we're sorry, when placing a local call it is now
>>necessary to dial an area code and the 7-digit number".
>>

>Add a "w" in the dial string within extensions.conf. The "w" adds a short
>delay before sending the dtmf to the telco, which is likely happening
>too fast for the telco switch.

Is that undocumented?
The wiki entry for the Dial() command says:
w: Allow the /called/ user to start recording after pressing *1 or what
defined in features.conf (Asterisk > v1.0.x)

To add a short delay to one of my remote FXO lines, I added A(silence/2)
to the dial string.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.