[Asterisk-Users] yet another Asterisk and VMware question

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Fri Aug 12 13:38:49 MST 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 2:33 PM, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Bruce Leetch wrote:
>

>> I've purchased a TDM11B card and have installed it in the box.
>> Windows sees it as a PCI Simple Communications board. A Linux
>> "lspci" doesn't show anything even vaguely resembling this card.
>> This troubles me.
>>

> VMWare is a virtual machine and has nothing to do with the physical
> layout of the box (which is why you can migrate vmware images
> across machines for example).
>
> If you want to run Asterisk under Linux setup a box to run it.

Agreed. You would be better to grab a used $200 machine and install
linux & Asterisk on it. Unless you are scaling up to at least 10+
simultaneous calls, I would imagine that something you have lying
around would handle it.

If you insist on VMWare, I would imagine that you could configure a
Sipura SPA-3000 to provide incoming (FXO) and analog extension (FXS)
ports

Tom