[Asterisk-Users] three questions

Timur Sattarov timur at setglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 09:25:16 MST 2005

Hello All,

I just started to use asterisk with Digium card (4 fxo ports)
and I've met some problems ( I'm just new in asterisk so questions may
be stupid )
my environment:
Debian testing,
asterisk 1.0.9
zaptel-1.0.9
TDM04P

1) when asterisk receiving incoming call on TDM card all networking
cards stops to send or receive any data for some time
nothing suspicious in the log files, nothing in dmesg ( even with
highest level of logging)
I was suspected shared interrupts - but ethernet and tdm cards are using
different ones
any ideas ?

2) does someone has simple example config files for  using asterisk as a
gateway between SIP/internal extensions  and PSTN ?

3) I've set up fax receiving and sending it to email

[fax]
 exten => 1,1,Macro(faxreceive)
exten => h,1,System(/var/lib/asterisk/mailfax "${CALLERIDNUM}"
"${CALLEDFAX}" "${EXTNAME}" "${EXTMAIL}" "${FAXFILE}" "${EXTCOMPANY}")

but CALLERIDNUM always empty

any suggestions ?

P.S. I'm not expecting answers with full sescriptions if my questoins
are already answered - just give me the link to this page.