[Asterisk-Users] Festival Problem

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Fri Aug 12 07:44:08 MST 2005

I'm attempting to use Festival with Asterisk on an x86_64 system.  This
IVR application works ok on a P4 system.

I'm using the FC3 x86_64 distro on a single processor Opteron system.
Festival by itself (using the command line and speakers) seems to work
ok, and Asterisk without Festival works ok.  When the Asterisk dialplan
calls Festival, however, Festival reports a disconnect and Asterisk's
Festival command does not complete. Later, when I shut down the system
for reboot, I get a kernel panic.

I've tried both the FC4 Festival rpm as well as the source download from
festvox.org.  I modify the siteinit.scm file as per the wiki page, and I
use the stock festival.conf file in Asterisk.

Has anyone experienced this behavior, and is there a workaround?

Thanks,