[Asterisk-Users] TE405P / TE410P with 2nd generation firmware field upgradable?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Aug 12 06:29:12 MST 2005

Matt Florell wrote:

> Long answer: you have to send it to Digium for them to do an upgrade,
> they don't have an official process for this yet and won't give you a
> price, I have called and asked them many times. They also mention
> upgrades from your 405/410 to a 406/411 are available too, but again
> no specifics. Supposedly if you have a card with the 2nd gen firmware
> on it you can upgrade to the third gen firmware, whenever it would
> come out, in the field.

We do 2nd gen firmware upgrades for customers every day, have been doing
them for a couple of weeks now. The process is simple, just contact the
RMA department and be prepared to pay for shipping the card to and from
our facility.

Once the card has 2nd gen firmware on it, future upgrades will be
possible in place, without having to send the card to us.