[Asterisk-Users] How to fix a Blue Alarm?? Line Noise?

Geoff Manning gmanning at zoom.com
Fri Aug 12 05:11:39 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> A blue alarm sounds really strange. That indicates that the remote end
> (asterisk) in this case does not want to play at all. On a T1 it is
> sent as a continous series of unframed 1:s. I am not sure if asterisk
> ever sends a blue alarm (Alarm Indication Signal).
>
> Receiving a blue alarm is indicative of a serious problem. There
> should not be any audio at that time, since the blue alarm is
> actually a long unframed signal.

Well that would explain the choppy/stuttering sound we get on these calls
since there is no audio during those error transmissions.

According to Kevin's reply I had my timing logic backwards. Should I be
using any other timing settings on the Asterisk side?? The tech for our
legacy PBX says that the PBX will not provide any timing.

Thanks,
Geoff