[Asterisk-Users] help on receive text

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Thu Aug 11 11:13:27 MST 2005

someshwarak wrote:
> Hi * users,
>
> I am only seeing SendText in the available asterisk applications. But I have
> not seen Receive Text application. I tried on asterisk-1.0.7 and 1.0.9. Can
> anyone tell me how to use this receive text command.

The only one that currently exists is the agi command RECEIVE TEXT.

> I want to use receivetext command and get text information from an softphone
> so that that can be routed to some other phone supporting text message. (my
> soft phones are SIP/IAX based).

You're going to have to write an AGI for it.

> where I can get the receive text application for asterisk?

You'll find it in the latest CVS HEAD.  But it's agi, not an application.

pabx*CLI> show agi receive text
Usage: RECEIVE TEXT <timeout>
Receives a string of text on a channel. Specify timeout to be the
maximum time to wait for input in milliseconds, or 0 for infinite. Most
channels do not support the reception of text. Returns -1 for failure or
1 for success, and the string in parentheses.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell