[Asterisk-Users] help on receive text

someshwarak someshwarak at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Aug 11 02:03:10 MST 2005

Hi * users,

I am only seeing SendText in the available asterisk applications. But I have
not seen Receive Text application. I tried on asterisk-1.0.7 and 1.0.9. Can
anyone tell me how to use this receive text command.

I want to use receivetext command and get text information from an softphone
so that that can be routed to some other phone supporting text message. (my
soft phones are SIP/IAX based).

where I can get the receive text application for asterisk?
if avialable what should be the syntax

Kindly let me know how the configuaration should look like?

thanks,
Somesh